Monitoring Carbon Monoxide
Walking around your home last weekend changing the batteries in your smoke detectors, did you think about your carbon monoxide monitors too?
Here at Chapman we don’t like the idea of using scare tactic for sales. We also know it is part of our job to keep your home’s air safe, as well as comfortable. The truth of the matter is while we turn on those furnaces, use more hot water, and even warm up the car in the garage, we need to keep carbon monoxide on our minds.
Thinking about carbon monoxide detectors are something we should consider just much as smoke detectors. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can be emitted in our homes from many heat-producing household appliances. This includes gas furnaces, fireplaces, and water heaters. High levels of carbon monoxide can have serious health side effects, and in this heating season, we want to prepare to keep an eye on those!
According to the Mayo Clinic, “Although the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning can be subtle, the condition is a life-threatening medical emergency.” Symptoms of poisoning can range from a dull headache to loss of consciousness.
We are taking a serious stance on preventing carbon monoxide which is why we offer you some peace of mind in the form of a low-level carbon monoxide monitor. The low level carbon monoxide monitors are not simply the alarms that will go off at high levels of carbon monoxide, they let you know exactly how much of this gas is in the air at any given time.
Call and schedule your appointment today so that you can know exactly how much of this potential harmful gas you are living with.
If you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning, the best thing to do is open some windows and doors, leave your home immediately, and call the fire department to come and check things out.